This Husqvarna Viking Design, “Fabric by Design” incorporates several sewing techniques as well as embroidery. The base design is embroidered on leather or faux suede. Also included will be candle wicking and yarn couching, using ribbon instead of yarn, as well as basic assembly work. Once you finish this beautiful journal, you will want to make checkbook covers, etc. Your friends will be pestering you for their own. Have fun!
Kit Fee: $20.00
Design Fee: $59.95 (discounted from $74.95)
This kit includes the faux leather, lining fabric, flap fabric, fusible fleece, Fusible No Show Mesh, 3’ of 1/8” suede lacing, beads and 24” of 1/8” ribbon.
- (click to download) Basic sewing supplies
- A machine in good working order and embroidery unit.
- The foot pedal and power cord for your machine
- Husqvarna Viking “Fabric by Design” pattern
- Rayon embroidery thread to match faux leather. Brown to dark brown will work fine.
- Two wound bobbins with the brown thread.
- Rayon embroidery thread to match the inside pocket covers.
- One wound bobbin of thread to match inside pocket material
- Leather needles for your machine
- Three Hole yarn foot to fit your machine
- Candle Wicking foot to fit your machine
- Pencil or erasable ink pen for marking
- Rotary cutter and mat.
- Personal pressing station.
- Two pre-wound bobbins with thread to match faux leather
- One pre-wound bobbin to match inside pocket material.